- Introduce your condition(s) to other Health Activists. What are 5 things you want them to know about your condition/your activism?
- Share links to a few of your old posts (or posts from other Health Activists!) that you think will help the newly diagnosed.
I specialize in motivational support, depression & anxiety treatment, trauma recovery, parenting guides, and gay community support.
1- Depression is a symptom, trauma is the cause. Depression is a symptom of traumatic experiences. Trauma is defined as any experience that your brain cannot properly encode.
2. Help/Teach people stabilize themselves and learn self-soothing strategies to stabilize current day functioning.
3. Depression effects family, friends, and anyone you come into contact with.
4. I healed from a major depression. Believe in yourself, so can you.
5. Depression is the end point of self-abandonment. Recovery is re-owning yourself with greater wisdom. (That negative voice is an introject- it’s not part of you. Part of you is that we are hard wired to adapt and learn with a little help from our caretakers. It feels like the end of the world, but there can be a tomorrow, and that tomorrow can have a sunrise in it that can change the way the day looks and will be.)
Links to helpful posts: